During this difficult time, the team is looking for ways to encourage people to be healthy and happy from the comfort of their homes. Rally Cycling’s Sara Poidevin has created a way for us all to stay connected by challenging people to make healthy habits part of their daily routine using the hashtag #HealthyHabitsWithPoido.
Watch the video and read Sara’s own words below on how we can use this time to change what we can for the better, and check back tomorrow for the first challenge!
As a way to practice proper social distancing, many of us have had to make significant changes to our daily routines. For many, that means more time spent at home. We can’t control the world around us, but we can control our own effort and mindset. This disruption to our daily schedules is an opportunity to create and implement positive and healthy habits, all within the confines of our own homes. As a student-athlete, I have learned to set daily goals and develop good habits in order to achieve those goals. I ask myself each morning, “how can I be my best self today?” Over the next few weeks, I am challenging myself, my teammates, friends, family, and anyone else who would like to join me, in creating and practicing healthy habits.
Here’s how it works:
• Each week, I’ll choose a theme and commit to a daily practice within the theme.
• Your challenge is to accumulate as many days as you can each week practicing your healthy habit.
• Post a photo/video on social media using #HealthyHabitswithPoido so we can follow you on your journey and use your positive energy to inspire others.
• Challenge #1: One minute of core work (March 20 – 26)
• Challenge #2: Making meals healthier (March 27 – April 2)
• Challenge #3: Calling your friends and family (April 3 – 9)
• Challenge #4: Bodyweight exercises (April 10 – 16)
Any athlete will tell you: big results stem from consistent daily practice.
– Sara “Poido” Poidevin
Check back tomorrow for Challenge #1!